8:00 am - 2:00 pm
About the initiative
Qatar Career Development Center (QCDC) is launching the third iteration of its ‘Little Employee’ initiative, offering students (aged 7 to 15) a hands-on experience to learn what working life is actually like. The program allows children to help their parents or relatives at their workplace for a whole day.
Along with providing the participants an immersive experience of professional life, the initiative also offers children a memorable and unique experience during their student life. It will also teach them about the value of work and help them learn the basic concepts in professional life from their parents or relatives. As a result, children will be able to develop a preliminary idea about their future career paths, which in turn will help them plan their career path early on, by making informed educational decisions that ensure they achieve their ambitions.
We invite students between the ages of 7 and 15 from any country around the world to participate in Little Employee.
The initiative is highly flexible in regards of time and implementation, and parents can choose any working day at their convenience to host their children at work and participate with them in the initiative. An introductory video about the initiative can be found in the link below, and parents can watch it to get familiar with the initiative’s objectives, what is expected from them, and how students can get the most benefits out of this experience.
Introductory video link: Click Here.
- Provide students with the opportunity to experience a real work environment and help them explore their career interests in an entertaining and engaging setting.
- Help parents or relatives communicate and discuss academic choices and career goals with children.
- Enhance the role of parents and relatives in guiding and advising their children professionally, as QCDC believes the family plays a key role in determining an individual’s professional identity.
- Demonstrate the commitment of the institutions participating in the initiative and their support for educating students, by introducing them to some of the career options offered in the labor market and the skills needed to follow a specific career path. Moreover, the participation of these institutions in the initiative serves as a starting point to encourage other institutions to take part in this educational experience in the coming years, thus offering opportunities to more students.
How to participate
To participate, kindly complete the registration form by filling in the required information below:
Participants in the initiative can tell us about their experience by sharing their pictures or videos on social media platforms, using the hashtag #little_employee, while tagging @QCDCQatar. Such posts would be inspiring to other parents and children and would allow the participants to enter a draw for valuable prizes.
You can download the Participant Guide of the ‘Little Employee’ initiative through this link: Click Here
Organizations and institutions of both the public and private sectors are welcomed to join the initiative and encourage their employees to join in. To register, representative of the interested corporation can fill in the form in the following link: Click Here
For more details about participation requirements, activities, and other organizational aspects, you can download the Corporate Guide via the following link: Click Here
Participants in the initiative benefit from the following advantages:
- A special discount when purchasing a license to use QCDC’s online Career Advising System (CAS).
- A special discount for Qatar Foundation students and partners when participating in any program offered by QCDC.
- A special discount for participants when purchasing the ‘Career Guide’ and the ‘Career Heroes’ game set.
- Free advising sessions for parents.
- A chance to enter a draw for valuable prizes.
- Participation certificates that indicate the number of hours children had spent in the initiative can be requested by providing QCDC with a photo/video showcasing the child’s participation in the initiative, and filling out the application form in the following link: Click Here.
For more information about the ‘Little Employee’ initiative, please visit: www.qcdc.org.qa
Or call us at: 44546815.
You can also reach us via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org.