Employability Skills Program
Qatar Career Development Center (QCDC), a member of Qatar Foundation, has wrapped up the 2022 edition of its Employability Skills Program, equipping 15 university students with the necessary skills to gain improved access to the job market.
The program was focused on helping students:
- Become more self-aware of their interests and values
- Have a clear understanding of career development and its importance
- Be able to develop a strategic plan for their career development
- Manage and maintain their careers through lifelong learning
- Build effective networks with people who can support their career development
The program featured a series of weekly workshops that used an interactive and practical approach to provide students with comprehensive and hands-on career guidance.
Students learned how to develop a strategic plan for their career development and how to build networks with people who can support their progress.
The workshops also featured practical training on writing an effective resume and cover letter, using LinkedIn to search for jobs, crafting an elevator pitch, and conducting a job interview.