8:00am to 12:00pm - 4:00pm to 6:30pm Multaqa
Career Village is an initiative designed by Qatar Career Development Center, a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, and launched in cooperation with the Social Development Center “Nama,” to provide support for preparatory and high school students. The three-day event will take place from 30 September to 2 October 2019, at Multaqa (Education City Student Center). During this period, morning shifts will be exclusively open to schools’ visits, while the general public is welcomed during the evening shifts.
On the sidelines of the event, Nama will launch its “Tamakan” campaign, an initiative designed to raise awareness among youth about the importance of career development in line with the needs of the Qatari job market, drawing on the expertise of experienced professionals (including retirees) to equip young people with the skills to actively contribute to their community.
Career Village brings together representatives of leading Qatar-based organizations and institutions from numerous industries including:
- Business and Finance
- Energy and Manufacturing
- Communication and Transportation
The initiative aims to instill a strong career culture among Qatari preparatory and high school students and to familiarize them with the dynamics and challenges of Qatar’s labor market.
The event will introduce students to career fields that enable them to best serve their country. Career Village will also contribute to educating students on academic specialties and career opportunities through discussions with representatives of companies, institutions and universities taking part in the Village. Students will also have a chance to participate in interactive activities, offered by these exhibiting institutions, to learn about different professions.
This year’s edition of the Career Village also aims to introduce students and the wider Qatari community to career guidance as well as new career concepts, through the workshops that will be offered during the Village.
- Preparatory school students
- High school students
- Academic and career counselors and professionals
- The event will take place from 30 September to 2 October 2019, from 8:00am to 12:30pm and from4:00pm to 6:30pm.
- Morning shifts are exclusively open to schools’ visits, while the general public is welcomed during the evening shifts.
- Interactive Activities: Students will visit exhibits of the participating organizations, which will showcase interactive activities. The visits will offer students the opportunity to learn about different professions and work requirements, which will help them better plan their future career path.
- Workshops: This year, the Career Village will host a number of workshops, which aim to equip students with the life skills they need, and introduce them, and the wider Qatari community, to new career concepts.
- Caricature Exhibition: The exhibition highlights the challenges faced by youth when it comes to professional development, and sheds light on how to draw on the expertise of experienced professionals (including retirees) through caricatures painted in a modern way to attract young people.