Career Village 2019
8:00am - 02:00pm Multaqa
Career Village is an initiative designed by Qatar Career Development Center, a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, to provide support for high school students. The event will take place from 26 -28 February, from 8am to 1pm and from 4pm to 7pm, at Multaqa (Education City Student Center).
Career Village brings together representatives of leading Qatar-based organizations and institutions from numerous industries including:
- Business and Finance
- Energy and Manufacturing
- Communication and Transportation
The initiative aims to instill a strong career culture among Qatari high school students and to familiarize them with the dynamics and challenges of Qatar’s labor market.
The event will introduce students to career fields that enable them to best serve their country. Career Village will also contribute to educating students on academic specialties and career opportunities through discussions with representatives of companies, institutions and universities taking part in the Village. Students will also have a chance to participate in interactive activities, offered by these exhibiting institutions, to learn about different professions.
This year’s edition of the Career Village also aims to introduce students and the wider Qatari community to career guidance as well as new career concepts, through the workshops that will be offered during the Village. In addition, students will also have a chance to meet a number of entrepreneurs, and discuss with them how they established their projects and the entities that provided them with the needed support.
- Children, starting 5 years old
- Preparatory school students
- High school students
- Academic and career counselors and professionals
- The event will take place from 26 -28 February 2019, from 8:00am to 1:00pm and from 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Morning shifts are exclusively open to schools’ visits, while the general public is welcomed during the evening shifts.
- Interactive Activities:Students will visit exhibits of the participating organizations, which will showcase interactive activities. The visits will offer students the opportunity to learn about different professions and work requirements, which will help them better plan their future career path.
- Workshops: This year, the Career Village will host a number of workshops, which aim to equip students with the life skills they need, and introduce them, and the wider Qatari community, to new career concepts.
- Mini Career Village for children:There is also a new addition to this year’s edition of the Career Village, as it will feature a mini Career Village targeting children aged 5-10 years, where they will learn about various careers and professions in a fun and interactive way.
- Exhibition of Historical Images:An exhibition of a selection of images provided by the exhibitors, will be organized on the sidelines of the village. The exhibited images are to show the stages of development of the exhibiting institution, as well as the sector or professions it includes, from its inception until present. The exhibition will also feature images of key personalities that contributed in establishing and developing these institutions and sectors.