Little Employee 2022
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
About the initiative
Qatar Career Development Center (QCDC) is launching the ‘Little Employee’, an initiative offering students (aged 9 to 15) a hands-on experience to learn what working life is actually like. The program requires students to help their parents or relatives at their workplace for one day.
Along with giving the participants an immersive experience of professional life, the program also offers children a memorable and unique experience during their student life. Moreover, it will teach them about the value of work and help them learn the basic concepts about professional life from their parents or relatives. Students will also visualize a preliminary picture of their future career, which can help them plan their career path early on, by making informed educational decisions that ensure they achieve their ambitions.
We invite students between the ages of 9 and 15 from any country around the world to participate in Little Employee.
The initiative is flexible, and any working day between August 8-11, 2022, can be chosen.
- Provide students with the opportunity to experience a real work environment and help them explore their career interests in an entertaining and engaging setting.
- Help parents or relatives communicate and discuss academic choices and career goals with children.
- Enhance the role of parents and relatives in guiding and advising their children professionally, as QCDC believes the family plays a key role in determining an individual’s professional identity.
- Demonstrate the commitment of the institutions participating in the initiative and their support for educating students, by introducing them to some of the career options offered in the labor market and the skills needed to follow a specific career path. Moreover, the participation of these institutions in the initiative serves as a starting point to encourage other institutions to take part in this educational experience in the coming years, thus offering opportunities to more students.
How to participate
- Complete the registration form and fill in the required information through the form below
- Attend the introductory meeting on July 31, 2022, to learn about the initiative’s objectives and its benefits.
Participants in the initiative can tell us about their experience by sharing their pictures or videos on social media platforms, using the hashtag #little_employee, while tagging @QCDCQatar. Such posts would be inspiring to other parents and children, and would allow the participants to enter a draw for valuable prizes.
You can download the Participant’s Guide of the ‘Little Employee’ initiative through this link: Click Here
Participants in the initiative benefit from the following advantages:
- A special discount when purchasing a license to use QCDC’s online Career Advising System (CAS).
- A special discount for Qatar Foundation students and partners when participating in any program offered by QCDC.
- A special discount for participants when purchasing the ‘Career Guide’ and the ‘Career Heroes’ game set.
- Free advising sessions for parents.
- A chance to enter a draw for valuable prizes.
For more information, please call us at: 44546815.
You can also email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.