Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Training
01:00 pm - 3:00 pm Virtual
Qatar Career Development Center (QCDC), a member of Qatar Foundation, launches the second edition of the Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Training from the reputed National Career Development Association (NCDA). The FCD training has been exclusively customized to the Qatari and GCC context.
The training program provides individuals with relevant skills and knowledge to assist others in planning careers and obtaining meaningful work. Participants will receive in-depth training in key areas of career development, provided by NCDA-trained and qualified instructor. By acquiring the necessary background knowledge and tools, and upon successful completion of the training, participants will enjoy a one-year NCDA membership for their first year of NCDA membership and will be eligible to apply for the following two internationally recognized credentials:
- Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) by NCDA
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) by CCE
The FCD candidates may work in a variety of career development settings, e.g., as a career group facilitator, job search trainer, career resource center coordinator, career coach, career development case manager, intake interviewer, occupational and labor market information resource person, human resource career development coordinator, employment/placement specialist, or workforce development staff person.
The counseling profession has made great progress in defining professional counseling and career counseling. However, several professional groups recognize that many individuals who are currently providing career assistance are not professional counselors. The Facilitating Career Development training program was developed to define and differentiate two levels of career practice, provide standards, training specifications, and GCDF credentialing for these career providers.
Expectations of Commitment
The training will be delivered in English virtually, in the form of 28 instructional hours from August 29 to November 28, 2022, with mandatory weekly meetings scheduled every Monday from 1:00-3:00pm. In between, participants are expected to complete the required coursework that will take approximately a minimum of 6 hours per week
This is an intensive program that includes 120 training hours. To grow their skills, FCD graduates will be eligible to engage in QCDC’s mentoring program.
Who should attend?
FCD participants include professionals with varying levels of education and experience in a career development setting or their work may involve offering career development information or skills to students, adults, clients, employees, or the public. They may either have experience in or desire to enter the field of career development from the following sectors:
- Secondary or Tertiary Education
- Human resources
- National talent development/Qatarization
- Occupational and labor market information (relevant Ministry or Authority)
- Workforce development
- Private practice
The FCD training is available to all citizens and residents of Qatar as well as other GCC and MENA countries.
Objectives and Outputs
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Use the Internet to identify and use career information resources to assist students with career decision-making and to access and interpret employment trends and labor market information.
- Describe and assess how to apply career development theory to practice.
- Demonstrate competence in the understanding, administration, and interpretation of career development assessments.
- Assess participants’ areas of strength or weakness relating to career development by utilizing the appropriate assessments.
- Learn and apply criteria to analyze career development programs.
- Apply knowledge and learnings to work as Career Development Facilitators by examining case studies, fieldwork experiences, and text assignments.
Participants will receive training in each of the below 12 career development competencies applicable in international settings, including contextualized resources and examples and applying hands-on and interactive teaching methods suitable for a variety of work settings.
- Career resources and labor market information
- Career planning processes
- Basic helping and facilitation skills
- Career development models and theories
- Informal and formal assessment approaches and validity research
- Diversity and specific population needs
- Development and continuous improvement of an effective career resource center
- Training others and program promotion
- Case management and referral skills
- Ethical and scope-of-practice issues
- Professional and resource portfolios
- Cutting-edge job searching
and more . . .!
Dr. Hamda Al-Naimi, CCC
Dr. Hamda Al-Naimi is the first Qatari accredited FCD instructor. She is a certified career counselor and FCD Instructor from the National Career Development Association (NCDA) with 25 years of experience in the Qatari educational system, 12 of which are in career advising. Dr. Al-Naimi has hands-on experience in advising students in Qatar’s public schools and higher education institutes, and through Qatar Career Development Center’s (QCDC) initiatives. She has developed and delivered several successful career advising related programs as the virtual advising session and the employability skills.
She earned a PhD from the University of Reading, United Kingdom, for her thesis that examined Qatari students’ future educational and occupational choices and the factors affecting them. During her master’s in secondary education at Ohio University, she had the chance to attend an American high school and develop an understanding of dealing with issues across cultures. She currently serves as a Senior Career Development Specialist at QCDC, a member of Qatar Foundation.
|WEEK||Date||Topic & Reference|
|1||August 29, 2022||Welcome to FCD Training! Introduction: Student Manual|
|2||September 5, 2022||Developing a Helping Relationship|
|3||September 12, 2022||Career Development Theory and Its Application|
|4||September 19, 2022||Assessment in Career Planning|
|5||September 26, 2022||Ethics and the Career Services Provider|
|6||October 3, 2022||Career Services for Multicultural Population/Diverse workforce|
|7||October 10, 2022||Career Development Services for Clients with Disabilities|
|8||October 17, 2022||Career Information and Technological Resources|
|9||October 24, 2022||Career Development Services for K-12 Students|
|10||October 31, 2022||Employability, Job Search & Digital Literacy|
|11||November 7, 2022||Designing & Implementing Career Planning Services|
|12||November 14, 2022||Graduation project preparation|
|13||November 21, 2022||Business Services and Employer Relations|
|14||November 28, 2022||Graduation & creds|
Registration and Fees
You can register for the FCD Training through this link: Click Here
Please download the Education City App and create an account to open the registration link.
Registration fees for the FCD Training are QR 9,000 and shall be paid online through the above link.
To ensure your participation in the training, please register as soon as possible. Seats are limited and can only be secured by paying the registration fee.
To learn more about the FCD Training, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 44546815.